Your video presentation is ultimately important
! To do your best, follow these tips:
- It must be around one minute long.
- Find a proper environment, e.g. a tidy place without noise.
- Place your camera horizontally for YouTube and use a tripod if possible to avoid producing a shaky video.
- Face the light! Never have the window behind your back as it’ll make your face hard to see.
- Avoid reading your script while recording, it doesn’t look great.
- Make “indents” at the beginning and the end of your video, especially if you record yourself and we can see your hand turning the camera on and off. It’ll make editing easier.
- Say your first name (ONLY!) and welcome students to LinguaLive.
☆ For more tips see this video